Monday, March 12, 2007

Seven7h assignment


This is the logo before I took it under my wing.

and this is the finished product.
I decided to give the Japanese sushi bar/restaurant a more modern touch.
I apologize there’s no colour version of the logo, but I decided that a straight black and white image was more appropriate for what I was going for. The logo was made mostly in Photoshop, using multiple layers and filters. I used Illustrator for the text and for drawing the lighthouse that takes the place of the ‘I’. Another reason I choose to do it using mostly text is because I only recently got into using text to design, so I’m trying to take this new skill and develop it into a powerful tool. But ultimately, though the logo is simple, I feel it needs no further work as it strongly communicates the style I was trying to get across. If I was to do more it would probably be along the lines of giving the lighthouse a beacon shining from the top, and applying a gradient to the letters to give the effect that light is shining on them. But when I was experimenting with that idea it complicated the logo to much and took away from what I was trying to accomplish. So in all I feel the logo could give the restaurant a more modern touch and a touch of class. I hope you enjoy it.

No comments: