Monday, March 5, 2007

6ssignment six

This version is actually my second attempt at this poster. My first try was just to tacky and lame, there was originality in it but nothing about it really appealed to me. I had a blue and green gradient underneath a brick wall for the background, which slightly discoloured the brick. A record containing the text and the font name spewing from a spray can. In retrospect I thought it was a good idea but the way I had it assembled and how it was presented was just tacky. So I got rid of everything 'cept the text and came up with this. Using the record as inspiration I made this picture of a turntable using illustrator and threw the text on. Then the font name 'Graffit' was put together using three layers; two text layers one with outer glow, then the paint brush and the smudge tool on the third. The lines would've been more stylized, but the straight line seems more appropriate for using up that space at the bottom, as stylized lines would require more room at the side. All in all I prefer this one much more then the original, more simple and straight forward without to much clutter and nonsense distracting the viewer from whats important.

No comments: