Monday, March 26, 2007

7 re-do

This is my lighthouse logo re-do. In this version I put more work into the logo and discovered that it had more potential then I originally thought. There are many excuses I could drop to cover up why I didn't do any of this in the first place, but they're all irrelevent at this point. Liking the direction I took with the pictogram in the lighthouse, I wanted to incorporate that same idea on the other side to give the logo a sense of symmetry. So i replaced the 'O' with a piece of sushi as the lighthouse is a sushi bar. Then not wanting to stop there I decided to use another simple pictogram so I put in two chopsticks as an underline for the text. As for the light coming from the lighthouse I don't really like the light spewing out but I threw one in for the viewer to decide exactly what version they prefer, and I took it out for the black and white because I found it to be out of place, though it was an implication of light the fact that it was grey just threw the composition out the window. But ya thats about all I have to say for this one, hope you like it

No comments: