Monday, April 2, 2007

assi9nment nine


well first of all, making this file a jpeg really made it look shitty.... I apologize for that. Now lets see this design went through numerous phases, why did I choose this one... maybe I couldnt think of anything else, maybe it was late at night and I was tired, maybe I really like the colours and didn't know how to incorporate them without it overwhelming the text element. Well its probably a combonation of all those and a few more. The earlier designs I had for this kinda disguised the text in an unfavorable way and I feel this 'retro-ish' style really helped it and the soft warm colours helped to express the peaceful feeling that the palace should have. Right the palace, maybe I should explain that a bit. Well the palace of peace and reconcilliation is a place in kazhakstan were all the leaders of major religions gather and talk about god and peace and other stuff that probably wont make to much of a difference in our lives. But I wanted to get the feeling that the palace was for people from all over the world, which is the main reason I choose to construct it using different languages all saying 'peace and reconciliation' and 'world religion'. The colours I felt were appropriate because I wanted to use yellow (light coming down from heaven) and blue (serenity, peace, calm) but how is the hard question. I probably could've made this a different style but I like what I have here and it is a good for experimenting, which is what I've been doing alot of this semester. Also the main part of this piece is the text, one version I had was just a white background with the text but obviously something as boring as that wouldn't fly even though it looked good. So that is the reason for choosing the simplistic background and colour styles is because I wanted the text to be the most noticeable. ya, I don't know what else to say.... oh here is a picture of what the palace originally looked like.

No comments: